The School Grading Program
The highlight local high school standouts B.A.S.H. will honor one male and one female athlete who has overcome a major health setback to succeed.
The Baltimore Area Sports Health Initiative is seeking nominations for the B.A.S.H. Perseverance Award. This honor is for high high aged student-athletes from their Maryland High School. The nomination committee will review all the nominations and pick the two winners. The board will judge the nominations based off the criteria below:
- Nominee must have overcome adversity or injury that affected their level of or ability to participate in High School sanctioned sports.
- Nominee must have returned to their sport(s) and demonstrated achievement beyond expectations.
- Nominee must consistently demonstrate good sportsmanship and appropriate personal behaviors.
- Nominee must be in good academic standing.
- Nominee must be a member of an athletic team during the 2019-20 academic year.
How to Nominate
Submit the following
- Completed application packet
- Up to two (2) letters of recommendation
Email all submissions to
Format the "Subject" of your email as follows using the student athletes information, BPA_Lastname_Firstname